Board of Overseers and Council of Presidents
Claremont University Consortium (CUC), a not-for-profit educational support organization, is a member of and the central coordinating institution for The Claremont Colleges. It is governed by a Board of Overseers consisting of the presidents and chairs of the boards of trustees of the educational institutions comprising The Claremont Colleges, the Chief Executive Officer of CUC, and seven to eleven at-large members.
The Board has the following legal responsibilities:
- Planning and development for the broad advancement of The Claremont Colleges,
- Promoting the founding, from time to time, of additional colleges or other educational institutions to enhance the educational quality of The Claremont Colleges,
- Promoting cooperation among all The Claremont Colleges to enhance overall educational excellence of the group,
- Providing central programs and facilities that are operated on behalf of and in support of The Claremont Colleges, and
- Conducting or directing the business and affairs of the corporation.
Much of the work of the Board is carried out through its committees. One of these committees is the Council of The Claremont Colleges. The Council is comprised of the presidents of the member institutions and has the following responsibilities.
- Providing policy guidance to and operational oversight of the CUC Chief Executive Officer,
- Developing and overseeing joint academic planning and programs among The Colleges,
- Establishing budgets of the central programs and services, and
- Determining the distribution of central programs and services costs in terms of formulae or direct charges based on costs and benefits.
For further information:
- Dr. Bonnie J. Clemens, Secretary to the Board of Overseers and Assistant to the CEO
- Claremont University Consortium
- Executive Office
- CUC Administrative Campus Center
- 101 South Mills Avenue
- Claremont, CA 91711
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: 909-607-3679
- Fax: 909-621-8517
Access restricted to Board Members and Designated Administrators.
If you have any questions or need help contact us.